Safety Health & Environmental Group Manager for Sales
The prime objective is to protect and enhance the safety of our employees and our environmental footprint with a focus on prevention, fostering a culture where safety, health and environment are ingrained as a core value, achieving World Class performance in support of a highly efficient, low cost operations via an NCE/SH&E Journey to Zero way of working.
In addition to setting corporate SH&E strategies, initiatives, programs and procedures as part of the Corporate SH&E Functional Leadership Team, responsibilities include functional leadership via hands on counsel, supervision, assessment and implementation of:
1. Compliance programs and support
- Interpret, audit and ensure that corporate and all facilities are in compliance with company and regulatory agencies' policies pertaining to SH&E.
2. SH&E strategies, programs and plans
- Develops SH&E best in class programs, systems and processes, including training and coaching to establish clear procedures on SH&E measures and precautions. Directs company-wide functional SH&E programs and needs and acts as internal subject matter expert in those areas.
3. Facility/operations SH&E Staff support/coaching/feedback/development
- Serve as NUSA SH&E counsel and leader for assigned business/function/category. Provide coaching and training to, and regularly interact with, organizational leaders and SH&E experts in SH&E leadership and functionally related areas. Responsible for coaching and development of SH&E facility experts as indirect reports in partnership with facility leaders. Responsible for key SH&E expert staffing decisions in partnership with facility leadership teams.
4. SH&E pillar/NCE/NIMS
- Active sponsor for implementation of SH&E components of NCE. Ensure third party ISO and OHSAS certification of facilities. Supports use of NCE tool, system and process knowledge capability for employees in assigned part of the business. Works through established systems, applies related tools.
5. Liaison and technical expertise
- Provides technical expertise in all areas and initiatives of the function. Partners with other key functions to deliver on a variety of cross functional initiatives including legal, HR, engineering, operations, quality, NCE, etc.
6. Key Initiatives
- In addition to overall input to corporate SH&E initiatives, strategies, programs and procedures, responsibilities include supporting facilities and groups (including other Nestlé Markets) via hands on counsel, supervision, assessment, team work, development and implementation of:
- SH&E audit programs (internal/external),
- NCE and SH&E pillar systems,
- Environmental Sustainability Programs
- EPA/OSHA/DOT and other regulatory requirements, enforcement and remedial actions, and internal programs and plans.
Travel required - average = 35-50% (up to 65% where employee is based remotely from Division)
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
· Bachelors Degree in a scientific discipline or SH&E related field
· SH&E Professional Certification (CSP, CIH, CEM, etc.) strongly preferred
· Thorough and detailed knowledge and interpretive ability of state and federal safety/environmental regulations
· Minimum 5 years site, division and/or regional related SH&E experience.
· Strong communications, strategic, training, and motivational management and leadership skills.
· Good technical understanding of SH&E issues and their relationship to production/engineering and job functions as it relates to building in prevention.
· Demonstrated negotiation and influencing skills
· Must be capable of working in a fast paced environment with minimal direct supervision and have strong demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, and self-initiative skills.
· Strong demonstrated verbal / written communications, analytical and problem solving skills. Must be detailed and results oriented.
· Ability to communicate complex regulatory and technical issues in lay terms.
· Strong change management, team building abilities
· Ability to achieve results through dotted line situations
· Proficiency with Windows based applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to master other specialized software.