Quality Systems Manager - R&D Senior Specialist
Provides the leadership necessary to establish and maintain quality levels of new products through preventive controls (PRPs/HACCP), raw material, process and quality systems management in a highly dynamic environment.
- Role is the Guardian of Q&FS compliance and challenger of all functions across the site to drive Continuous Improvements in support of the Site's Innovation & Renovation process, while fostering a cross functional quality, compliance and performance culture.
- Is responsible for the leadership and the development, implementation and management of all Site Q&FS programs and activities, including creating guidelines for testing novel products with Consumers in various venues.
- Provides technical expertise and support to ensure compliance to NQMS, FSSC 22000 / regulatory requirements, product quality (PrIME) attributes, and new food safety standards with proprietary raw materials, innovative processes and new routes to Market.
- Utilizes tools such as auditing, risk assessments/modeling, process evaluation, trend analysis to achieve Site and Global CT-PTD objectives, including providing expertise to Frozen & Chilled Factories in the Nestlé Group.
- Leadership to the markets and factories is a key activity - communicate the latest scientific and technological information for practical application in the factory.
- Reports to the Quality & Food Safety Group Manager.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Knowledge):
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Microbiology, Food Science or similar discipline. Masters preferred.
- Must be able to practically apply scientific knowledge to product quality and process safety.
- Minimum 5-7 years Quality Management experience, preferably in food manufacturing or consumer goods industry. Within this there must be 2-3 years of factory QA experience, preferably at a QA Manager level.
- Must have strong knowledge and understanding of food safety / HACCP, GMP's, Allergen Controls, Sanitary design/controls, pest control, related food regulations, specifications, product release, analytical and microbiological lab methods and food technology processes.
- Facility utilities support (QMS, HACCP, sampling, data management, troubleshooting)
- Competence in Quality & Food safety related systems & principles
- Competence in Microbiology and Hygiene monitoring
- Coaching & development in production and/or corporate settings
- Must be capable of working in a fast paced, changing/dynamic environment with minimal direct supervision and have strong demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, and self-initiative skills.
- Strong demonstrated verbal / written communications, influencing skills, analytical and problem solving skills. Must be detailed and results oriented.
- Statistical analysis & Focus Improvement (FI) experience is preferred.
- Operates with integrity and is respectful
- Nestlé NQMS, FSSC 22000, HACCP & FDA-PCQI training or similar Food Safety and Quality Systems training. Implementation experience on Food Safety and/or Quality programs is strongly preferred.
- PC proficiency in Windows-based applications: Word, Excel, Access (preferred)