Coffee Process Engineering Specialist
Manage the development, innovation and renovation of extraction based projects delivering improvements in products/processes/systems. This includes project phases from inception through all stages of development. Build extended expertise and apply his/her knowledge in the field to provide relevant scientific/technical guidance in response to business and consumer needs. Understand and is able to integrate more widely the science beyond her/his expertise field in product/process development. Focus also on hydrolysis aspects of extraction with special skills and knowledge.
- Lead or support projects and contribute significantly to the attainment of business objectives through the application of extraction and hydrolysis knowledge
Provide technical guidance on processes, processing parameters, and equipment to team members.
Manage or function as a core team member in the development, innovation and renovation of products/processes/systems from inception through all stages of development. Bring extraction and hydrolysis skills to project team especially related to the process and operations delivering the innovation.
Provide projects budget and resources management skills
Lead or support project through development and implementation stages. This includes collaborating fully across Nestle sites and also with external partners, as required.
Develop innovative solutions, including equipment design/ modifications as needed during project development. This also includes integration into science/technology networks and platforms.
Maintain/strengthen high quality of core competency within the group.
Investigate and evaluate new technologies, concepts, processes, products or equipment, and develop applications of findings to new uses.
Communicate progress, both orally and written, to all levels of Nestle Management
Supervision and training of operators in pilot plant and factories.
Comply with Nestlé Integrated Management System and all other company policies and procedures.
Requirements and Minimum Education Level:
- Chemical Engineering degree and/or PhD in food engineering/technology, chemical engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-5 years of R&D and/or operating; factory experience
- Have extraction and hydrolysis knowledge especially in coffee
- Up to date knowledge of quality, safety and hygiene requirements
Ability to manage resources and budget requirements within project
- Plus to have an economical education or understanding on finance/costing and marketing