2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
To install, calibrate, repair and troubleshoot, electronic instruments, including measuring and sensing
devices, transmitters, recorders and programmable controllers.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform troubleshooting and advanced programming of PLC's and HMI's using various interface devices and software.
· Perform troubleshooting of power related devices such as MCC's, Substations, motors, VFD's, soft starts.
· Perform troubleshooting of all electronic equipment, Self-contained PID controllers, HVAC systems, security systems.
· Installation of new electrical equipment including PLC's, instrumentation, MCC's.
· Installation, repair and on-site calibration of process instrumentation, thus including knowledge of pressure, motion, flow, level, weight and temperature measurements.
· Good working knowledge of electrical schematics.
· Good working knowledge of the N.E.C.
· Skilled on systems from 120 volt single phase to 4800 volt three phase.
· Skilled satisfactorily use electrical test equipment.
· Perform preventative maintenance on Plant equipment through the use of the Computerized Maintenance System
· Expert knowledge of and adherence to all safety requirements for lock-out/tag-out, for confined space and tank entry, for handling of hazardous materials, and for wearing of personal protective equipment.
· Upon completion of an assignment, clean the area of all maintenance materials and debris; notify operating personnel as to completion of the assigned work.
· Good working knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic, electronic control equipment, and electrical panels.
· Manage small projects as required.
Measurement of Position Performance:
The effectiveness of the “Instrument Tech” position will be measured in the following manner:
· Quickly and effectively troubleshooting of equipment.
· Jobs worked and completed per schedule.
· All breakdowns are quickly diagnosed and repairs effectively made.
· All assigned P.M.'s are satisfactorily completed in the allotted time.
· All work is done safely.
· At the completion of the work, the area is properly cleaned of all maintenance materials and debris, and proper notification of operating personnel is made.
· Effective inter-shift communication
· Document work completed and/or issues (via written note or e-mail) to shift supervision on a daily basis.
The Instrument Tech has the following primary goals:
· To ensure the production areas receive electrical / control support as required.
· To implement improvement projects that increase overall production or improve efficiently.
· Keep up-to-date with current technology by self and formal training
Safety & Environmental Responsibilities
The Mechanic Process Control Person will:
· Meet Freehold factory safety & environmental objectives & targets
· Follow the plant safety rules, report incidents & unsafe conditions immediately
· Maintain compliance with regulations
· Refer to the Safety & Environmental Management System(s) on all related procedures and programs
The Instrument Tech must possess the following qualifications:
· Must have a high school diploma/GED or 5 years coffee or tea processing experience.
· Strong teamwork skills
· Expert knowledge of PLC's and related hardware.
· Strong background in electrical equipment and hardware with a major emphasis on higher level systems.
· Hardware troubleshooting
· PID control, computer graphics and computer board repair.
· 150 day qualification period.
Apply for Instrumentation Technician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly