Factory Engineering Manager - Ft Wayne, IN
Factory Engineering Manager - Ft. Wayne, IN
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Factory Engineering Manager will be responsible for the development and implementation of the strategic vision of the factory in areas of manufacturing reliability. These responsibilities will include leading and managing the engineering organization, creating and maintaining consistent interaction with the manufacturing team and overseeing the Repairs and Maintenance Budget.
* Planning and managing all approved capital projects.
* Implementing strategic plans for the factory's environmental policy.
* Executing a proactive approach to Ammonia Refrigeration System risk management.
* Leading the technical evolution and on-going management of the factory's buildings, grounds and facilities.
* Contributing toward the Strategic and Tactical Leadership of the factory and division as a whole.
* Leading individual and team development within the Engineering Department.
* Managing the career development plans for individuals in the Engineering Department.
* Leading the Early Management Function of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) activities.
* Attention to Detail - accomplishing tasks through concern for all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; maintaining watchfulness over a period of time.* Communication - presents ideas effectively, actively listens and works across functional boundaries.
* Energy - Maintaining a high activity level. Some jobs require employees to maintain the required activity level for an extended period of time; to sustain concentration; or to pace the work throughout the work period.
* Technical/Professional Knowledge - having an understanding and ability to use technical/professional information; keeping up on developments and trends in one's field.
* Teamwork/ Cooperation - effectively working within and outside the formal line of authority. Able to act in several roles depending upon the situation -facilitator, leader, executor, etc.
* Culture - Able and willing to live by Edy's " Grooves" philosophy (" I Can Make a Difference" culture), and Operations' Cobweb mentality.
* Initiative - Assert influence over events to achieve goals; self starting rather than accepting passively; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required.
* Tolerance for Stress - Able to maintain stable performance under pressure or ambiguity; able to work against tight timelines.
* Customer Delight Orientation - Makes an effort to listen and understand internal and external customers, and to anticipate needs and exceed
Requirements and Minimum Education Level:
* B.S. degree required in Engineering, Food Science, or related field.
* 5 - 7 years experience in manufacturing (food and/or dairy manufacturing experience preferred).
* 3 - 5 years experience in project management.
* 1 - 3 years TPM / continuous improvement process development.
* 2 years experience in ammonia refrigeration.
* Ability to establish a course of action for you and others to accomplish a multi-faceted goal, with resource constraints (time, money. equipment, plant,
* Ability to balance and prioritize several projects simultaneously; maintain watchfulness over a period of time and monitor the results of others whose
work impacts your projects.
* Knowledgeable of and able to apply root cause problem solving and technical creativity to systemically resolve complex short term and long term
issues and opportunities.
* Ability to take initiative without external direction.
* Demonstrated leadership abilities.
* Strong organization and multi-tasking skills.
* Strong time management skills.
* Strong communication skills