National Logistics Safety & Health Manager
As the nation's leading bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we're also committed to developing our people - enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
Nestlé Waters consists of four business units: Corporate, Retail, Supply Chain and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you'll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that's challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You'll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It's a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions - all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
Choose a career in Supply Chain and you'll be part of our logistics backbone - and a crucial element of our success. Our factories are where our products start their journey to the customer. This area of Nestlé Waters offers you the chance to experience collaboration in its purest form as you work alongside a diverse range of highly motivated and passionate people in our Supply Chain factories spread across the nation. What you do will be fulfilling, impactful and meaningful - not least is you'll be helping to deliver healthy hydration to millions of thirsty customers. We'll make sure you have the strong leadership and clear direction you need to feel motivated and passionate about accomplishing great things. While you take a pride in delivering an excellent performance, you'll see your contributions are recognized and rewarded with an outstanding level of support, training and benefits - everything you need to grow and thrive in your career.
We are currently seeking a National Supply Chain Safety & Health Manager. This role will be based in Breinigsville, PA. This role is responsible for maintaining a proactive SHE culture by providing technical leadership and expertise for the Supply Chain Logistics group within Nestlé Waters North America (NWNA). The position requires close interaction with NWNA Supply Chain logistics leaders, and all associates as well as working on best practice sharing across the different Nestlé operating companies. In addition, there will be direct connection between 3rd party transportation companies and drivers along with other subcontractors, outside vendors and other non-Nestlé contacts.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensure NWNA Supply Chain SHE program is fully implemented and functional in meeting compliance with all local, state, and federal laws, regulations, guidelines and Nestlé/NWNA key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Provide the leadership and management skills to assure the Safety, Health, and Environmental (SHE) programs are implemented and maintained in an appropriate manner and within budgetary limits.
- Implement and maintain the NWNA SHE program with particular emphasis on core regulatory compliance elements assuring NWNA warehouses, yards, and all transportation activities operate within other applicable Nestlé and Nestlé Waters policies and procedures including routine program validations of the facilities and equipment for SHE compliance.
- Provide technical training to the appropriate stakeholders to maintain SHE awareness across the Supply Chain organization
- Monitor compliance with NWNA SHE protocol and all regulatory requirements to ensure proper auditing systems are in place
- Develop and lead a management driven Safe Behavior Observation, Safety Leadership Basic Behaviors (SLBB), Powered industrial vehicle programs, etc with compliance/performance measured & reported to corporate and operations management teams.
- Interface with local/state/federal government agencies as appropriate to maintain effective working relationships and to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Work to identify and investigate potential process failures that could lead to workplace accidents and environmental impacts and develop standardize programs, policies, and procedures to mitigate risks.
- Develop and lead the implementation of on-site safety and environment programs designed to improve overall safety and environmental conditions in the factory with proper notification to appropriate key stakeholders.
- Remain current on federal, state, and local legislation regarding NFPA/OSHA/EPA compliance requirements and be knowledgeable in the area of FMCSA and DOT regulations.
Key Qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree in Safety, Health & Environmental; Master's degree preferred5 years in managing large scale, multi-site SHE initiatives
- 8-10 years leading a progressive multi-site SHE program
- Serve as Champion for NESTLE/NWNA SHE programs and initiatives
- Coach, support and develop field SHE professionals and operational leaders relative to SHE.
- Conduct regular audits and assessments
- Continuously develops knowledge and skills around Compliance, NCE, TPM and Industry best practices through Conferences, Workshops, Networks, etc
Nestlé Waters North America is the nation's leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain, Nestlé Pure Life, S. Pellegrino, Perrier and Acqua Panna. Our tea brands are Nestea, Tradewinds and Sweet Leaf. We're passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship - most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you'll receive a competitive total rewards package - something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It's not just the work that you'll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you'll receive exactly the kind of benefits you'd expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at Nestlé Waters?