Team Members are system experts in their assigned area, and are highly functional in multiple areas. Team Members must also ensure efficiency, operational conformance, product quality and continuous improvement. Functions as a member of an area team which is directly responsible for the efficient production of quality products in the required quantities. Operate/change over specified machinery in the assigned area. Team Members must have the skill set to train and/or perform the tasks of other associates in the area as needed. This job requires Strong Communication, Interpersonal and Team Building skills to support site objectives.
- Performs all assigned activities & job tasks within a line or area
- Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Takes corrective actions in solving problems to root cause level.
- Able to assess equipment operating reliability and perform routine repairs, adjustments and malfunction troubleshooting.
- Performs and/or works with Maintenance to complete equipment PM's.
- Able to maintain accurate records of QC checks, production numbers or waste performance.
- Keeps detailed log books: Performs all shift support documentation in a quality matter
- Performs QC tasks such as metal checks, inspection of date codes, item numbers, dump logs, etc.
- High degree of ownership for product quality: Performs all standard quality checks & other quality related duties
- Able to operate a forklift.
- Able to operate a computer and utilize the basic standard desktop systems (LSS, PSL, MIS, SQCIS, etc.).
- Understands principles of inventory control.
- Has knowledge of the plant's products and goals.
- Understands production schedules, production computer systems, work instructions
- Has general knowledge of Mars & the systems used by the business.
Who Should Apply . . .
We are looking for individuals who demonstrate the following behaviors:
- Team player
- Action oriented
- Problem solving abilities
- Strong communication skills
- Continuous self development
- Standing on a concrete floor
- Wearing proper personal protective equipment (hair net, bump cap, ear plugs, safety shoes, and uniform)
- Bending, stooping, twist, turn, standing for extended time periods, reaching, climbing stairs, and lifting up to 50 lbs
- Forklift assignments require OSHA certification and getting on and off frequently
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a High school diploma, GED or equivalent education
- 1 years of work experience within manufacturing, or a technical and/or trade discipline
- Demonstrated competency in computer and pc software including MS Office and email
- Must be willing and able to work and accept varying shifts and schedules
- Ability to read/comprehend written and oral instruction in the English language
- Successful completion of a substance screening and background check
- 3 years of manufacturing experience operating a variety of machines
- Knowledge of inventory control principles
- Ability to operate a forklift/OSHA certification
- Experience with SAP
Company-paid relocation is not available for this position.
As a privately-held, family-owned company, Mars Chocolate North America offers benefits which reflect our commitment to attracting and retaining great people. This includes excellent pay, competitive health and dental care coverage, a retirement plan, a very competitive vacation plan and unrivalled career advancement opportunities, to name just a few of our unique and generous benefits.
If you're looking for a place where you can take ownership for your work, where the pace is fast, the environment is built around the importance of open communication, and where employees are called "associates" and treated as such, then we want to hear from you.
We value a diverse work environment and encourage qualified individuals to apply, regardless of race, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, gender and age. Mars Chocolate North America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Visit www.mars.com to learn more about our company and for information about all of our current openings. Please, no agencies.